Academic advising gives students the opportunity to see their progress toward their goals.
Our advisors and advising centers will help you find the classes that are perfect for your schedule and degree plan.
Schedule an appointment
All enrolled students can schedule an appointment with their assigned advisor through AlamoNAVIGATE. Appointment times fill quickly, so please plan accordingly.
- Appointments are scheduled for 30-45 minute periods and must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Same-day appointments are not available.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact your advisor via phone or email to reschedule as soon as possible.
- Arrive on time (in person or remotely).
- Bring all necessary documents (i.e. your Progress Report) and a valid photo ID to your appointment.
- Log in to ACES and click Start Here (left navigation panel)
- Click on AlamoNAVIGATE logo (blue graduation cap)
- Log in to AlamoNAVIGATE using your ACES username and password
- Click Appointments
- Click Schedule Appointment
- Pick an appointment type
- Pick a Service (reason for appointment)
- Select a date
- Click Find Available Time
- Select an available time
- Add comments to provide details regarding the reason for the meeting
- Select format of the meeting
- Set a reminder preference: text, email or both
- After clicking Schedule, you should see a confirmation page.
- Click View Appointments to see and manage all scheduled appointments
What happens next?
- You’ll receive a confirmation email to your student email address confirming the appointment, which includes all of the details of the meeting. You can also add to your calendar from the email.
- Depending on your reminder preference, you will receive an email, text or both approximately two hours before your meeting.
New, simplified financial aid app coming in December 2023
Exciting news – the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is getting an upgrade for the 2024-2025 school year. It's going to be much easier and more user-friendly.
Mark your calendar because you can start applying in December 2023!
Advising Centers also have walk-in hours for students without an appointment. Select your college from the links below to view your Advising Centers’ services and hours.